Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
The contest for choosing the 2016 Park Pals calendar cover dog is now open. The contest will close on Thursday, October 8. Friends and family members are welcome to vote too!
Check out all the photos before you select the photo you’d like to see on the cover. Once you click on the circle beside the name of your favorite photo, go to the bottom of the page and click on the green tab, “VOTE NOW”. Once you have submitted your vote, you can no longer access the voting screen again. Please note: there is only one vote per IP address.
Get your cameras out and start snapping pictures of your dog(s) for the seventh annual Park Pals calendar photo contest! Send your favorite picture(s) of your dog playing, sleeping, enjoying the park, etc. The front cover winner will be awarded a free calendar!
Changes from 2015 contest
• Entry fee has been eliminated.
• Photo can feature only one dog.
In the past we’ve allowed people to enter multiple photos featuring the same dog. The committee has then picked one of those photos. We’ve seen some beautiful photos of the same dog and it can be challenging to pick one to be entered in the calendar contest. This year the dog’s owner gets to make the decision as to which photo to enter.
• Contest is open only to patrons of French Lake Park in Federal Way.
• Only digital photos will be accepted. Photos must be 800 pixels wide or larger and not modified. (Our editor will make any necessary corrections for lighting, color, etc.)
• Owner can enter only one photo per dog. If you have two or more dogs, you can submit a photo of each dog.
• No humans are allowed in photo. People’s hands, etc. should not show in picture.
• No copyrighted photos will be accepted.
• No professional photographer advertising will be permitted.
• If photo is submitted by person other than owner, owner’s permission is required.
• Photos must be received by contest deadline: Monday, September 21, 2015.
• Photos will be used on Park Pals’ website.
To enter contest:
Fill out the online form and attach your photo(s).
If your dog passed away after September 2014, fill out the memorial entry form. His/her photo will be placed on the memorial page.
- Do submit the original photo. The calendar editor will make any lighting, cropping, etc., changes needed.
- You can use a digital camera or even a cell phone to take pictures. The winning photo two years ago was taken with a cell phone.
- The dog is the focus of the picture, not the background scenery.
- If you submit a photo from the index of a CD, the photo will pixelate when enlarged.
The following photo was taken in 2006. The photo shows a group of people and dogs. If the photo were to be submitted as an entry and the Airedale (photo center) was the dog entered, the photo pixelates when enlarged.
Park Pals and the City of Federal Way’s Parks Department continued their recent efforts to significantly upgrade the appearance and safety of French Lake Park at the June Work Party.
Volunteers and Parks Staff helped “re-home” many dozens of plants from Town Square Park to the friendly confines of French Lake Park
Some of the June arrivals in their new home.
Many, many thanks to all who helped. Many volunteers and staff put in “lots” of long hours in heat which surpassed 90 degrees to do planting, clean up, and, of course, do battle with the ever-present insidious blackberries!
Even so, it was a productive and eventful day for the park and “fun” day for at least one furry patron!
Thanks once again to www.povertybay.com/ for keeping us amply supplied with their wonderful coffee products!